N. Sumatra to have two new provinces
The Jakarta Post
All parties in the North Sumatra legislative council have agreed to the formation of the Tapanuli and Southeast Sumatra provinces after long and heated debates marred by the death of North Sumatra legislative speaker Abdul Aziz Angkat four years ago.
Tapanuli province will consist of four regencies: Humbang Hasundutan, Samosir, Toba Samosir and North Tapanuli, while Southeast Sumatra will b...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Ahok credits Ciliwung River normalization project for reducing floods across Jakarta