Transjakarta hours to be extended
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Transjakarta bus rapid transit management body (BLU) plans to extend the hours of operation on two routes after seeing a positive public response from their previous extension of service.
“We have seen positive results from passengers after we extended operation hours on Corridors I and IX,” BLU director Muhammad Akbar said Thursday.
Transjakarta buses normally operate between 5 a.m. and 10 p.m. The extension added another hour to the hours of operation.
Corridor I connects Blok M in South Jakarta and Harmoni in Central Jakarta, while Corridor IX connects Pinang Ranti in East Jakarta and Pluit in West Jakarta.
Akbar said that the BLU was considering extending hours on Corridor II Pulogadung – Harmoni and Corridor III Kalideres – Harmoni. “Our plan is to extend operations on all routes but it would take a lot of preparation,” he said.
Corridors I and IX are Transjakarta’s most popular routes, serving up to 80,000 and 43,000 passengers respectively each day.
Transjakarta currently operates 10 routes. Two more routes, Corridors XI and XII, will be constructed in the next two years. — JP
- Hundreds of supporters accompany candidates to pick ballot numbers
- From sex to murder: Dark face of Indonesian cults
- 1, 2, 3: The order is Agus, Ahok, Anies
- World’s first dengue vaccine now available in Indonesia
- UN wildlife campaign goes live on RI social media
- Jokowi lays wreath for Thailand's King Bhumibol
- Int’l students participate in IPB scientific seminar, symposium
- Australian pedophile gets 15 years' imprisonment in Bali
- Report reveals links of pro-IS groups in Mindanao with Indonesia, Malaysia
- Tax reform to follow last ever amnesty