Javan Hawk-eagle is endangered
The Jakarta Post
MALANG: The number of Javan Hawk-eagles in R Soerjo National Park in Batu, Malang, East Java, is decreasing, making the bird an endangered species.
According to a survey by ProFauna Indonesia, an animal protection charity, there are only two Javan Hawk-eagles in the park.
“In 1997, there were at least six Javan Hawk-eagle in the park,” Rosek Nursahid, the chairman of ProFauna Ind...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business