Political transition in Myanmar: Thinking outside the box
On March 30 this year, Myanmar dissolved its ruling military government and sworn in a new president.
Former prime minister U Thein Sein, who shed his Army uniform to contest elections last year, was inaugurated as President of the newly elected government. Than Shwe, who has ruled the country with an iron fist since 1992, was referred to only as “chairman of the SPDC” in the inaugurat...
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Indonesian film 'Kartini' screened at the UN in New York
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use
- Saudis revamp school curriculum to combat Muslim Brotherhood
- US Fed to hike interest rates for first time in 2018