Borobudur clean-up to finish in November
The Jakarta Post
The restoration of Borobudur temple in Magelang, Central Java, following the eruption of nearby Mount Merapi last year will be finished by November, according to a UNESCO official.
Hubert Gijzen from UNESCO’s Jakarta office made his comments on the sidelines of a visit to the world heritage site by Hollywood actor Richard Gere on Monday.
Much work was needed to clean the temple aft...
- Chinese tourists just can't get enough of Thailand
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- Jakarta Police induct officers into new positions
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- Indonesia, Singapore jointly open Nongsa Digital Park in Batam
- Aerobatic Air Force pilot killed in airport crash