Borobudur clean-up to finish in November
The Jakarta Post
The restoration of Borobudur temple in Magelang, Central Java, following the eruption of nearby Mount Merapi last year will be finished by November, according to a UNESCO official.
Hubert Gijzen from UNESCO’s Jakarta office made his comments on the sidelines of a visit to the world heritage site by Hollywood actor Richard Gere on Monday.
Much work was needed to clean the temple aft...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- Police question witnesses following Kerobokan prison escape