PT Garam to build Kupang Bay salt farm in 2012
The Jakarta Post
State salt producer PT Garam will begin building a 4,000-hectare salt plantation in Kupang Bay, East Nusa Tenggara, in 2012. The firm expects production, which would begin in 2013, to increase national salt production by 500,000 tons.
PT Garam president director Slamet Untung Irredenta said the initial investment would be around Rp 500 billion (US$58.5 million).
“The investment wi...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed