Paraplegic pilot flies from Palembang to OZ
The Jakarta Post
PALEMBANG: British paraplegic pilot Dave Sykes embarks on his solo flight from Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II in Palembang, South Sumatra to Darwin, Australia, on Friday. He is flying a Pegasus Quik GT (picture), manufactured in the United Kingdom. A lightweight aluminum wheelchair is fitted in the back of the craft for Sykes to sit on, and move about on the ground.
“Powered by the Rotax 912...
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Soekarno-Hatta expects 5m airline passengers over Idul Fitri
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Dead woman found near elephant cage at Ragunan Zoo
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Monas packed by Idul Fitri holidaymakers