Paraplegic pilot flies from Palembang to OZ
The Jakarta Post
PALEMBANG: British paraplegic pilot Dave Sykes embarks on his solo flight from Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II in Palembang, South Sumatra to Darwin, Australia, on Friday. He is flying a Pegasus Quik GT (picture), manufactured in the United Kingdom. A lightweight aluminum wheelchair is fitted in the back of the craft for Sykes to sit on, and move about on the ground.
“Powered by the Rotax 912...
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Suspected terrorist in Bandung captured alive