Misguided drug laws
Like many other countries in Southeast Asia, Indonesia’s response to drugs use has been characterized by moral panic, and an oppressive and punitive approach.
The application of a repressive approach became more apparent after the launch of Indonesia’s “national war on drugs” in 1997 in accordance with the announcement of the first Indonesian law on narcotics (Law No. 22/1997) and t...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children