Is ASEAN moving toward a community too slowly?
The Jakarta Post
As the 600 million people in Southeast Asia celebrate ASEAN Day today, some scholars question whether the 10-member grouping is traveling on a bullet train or a horse-drawn cart.
The answer to this question is perhaps both.
Yes, ASEAN is on a bullet train in terms of setting ambitious agenda, signing agreements and initiating action plans and new regulations to achieve its goal of cr...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017