Ahmadi convicted of assault, disobedience
The Jakarta Post
Two days before the country’s Independence Day, the Serang District Court handed down a six-month jail term to a member of the Ahmadiyah religious sect for his involvement in a deadly clash that killed three of his sect’s members.
The court found Deden Darmawan Sudjana, a security chief of the local Ahmadiyah congregation, guilty of light assault and acting against state officials’ or...
- Telkom to launch US$199.7m satellite in February
- Reports: Mark Zuckerberg to visit Indonesia to discuss fake news
- Jokowi installs new Air Force chief of staff
- Indonesia widens arms for refugees
- Nope, Lindsay Lohan didn’t convert to Islam
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- FPI leader Rizieq Shihab to testify in Ahok’s hearing
- Indonesia to secure ownership of 111 islets
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban