Saparinah Sadli: A feminist transformation
Courtesy of Bachren LukskardinulWhen you hear the word “feminist”, what’s the stereotype that comes to mind? Is it something negative like a man-hating, unattractive women with hairy armpits screaming aggressively about imagined insults?
If you met one of Indonesia’s leading feminists, Saparinah Sadli, 84, you’d laugh out loud at the absurdity of this stereotype. If anythin...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Translation more hobby than work for novelist Murakami
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter