Saparinah Sadli: A feminist transformation
Courtesy of Bachren LukskardinulWhen you hear the word “feminist”, what’s the stereotype that comes to mind? Is it something negative like a man-hating, unattractive women with hairy armpits screaming aggressively about imagined insults?
If you met one of Indonesia’s leading feminists, Saparinah Sadli, 84, you’d laugh out loud at the absurdity of this stereotype. If anythin...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces