Asian maritime geopolitics and Indonesian security
Ristian Atriandi Supriyanto
Singapore | Mon, October 17 2011 | 08:00 am
PREMIUMOn Sept. 1, 2011, an Indian naval vessel reported that it had received a warning by someone claiming to be a Chinese Navy official in the South China Sea. Although India and China have played down the report, such a scenario is utterly possible.
India and China have been investing immense resources for naval modernization in recent years to secure “blue-water” capabilities that would e...
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- North Jakarta sees 45 fires in four months
- Ericsson, ITB collaborate for Internet of Things research
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- China to play South Korea in Sudirman Cup final
- Wonogiri celebrates anniversary with colossal dance, cultural carnival