Asian maritime geopolitics and Indonesian security
Ristian Atriandi Supriyanto
On Sept. 1, 2011, an Indian naval vessel reported that it had received a warning by someone claiming to be a Chinese Navy official in the South China Sea. Although India and China have played down the report, such a scenario is utterly possible.
India and China have been investing immense resources for naval modernization in recent years to secure “blue-water” capabilities that would e...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: Cementing options for people
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout