Non-native vs native English teachers
To speak the global language has been an ultimate priority of Indonesian parents living in several cities nowadays. They highly expect their children to speak English flawlessly. Therefore, they send their children to private schools and language institutions that employ English as a lingua franca.
Suffice it to say, they need to spend so lavishly so that the best teachers, preferably nati...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta