Counterfeit money transactions in Medan on the rise
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) has reported that transactions involving counterfeit money at a number of banks in Medan, North Sumatra, have risen this year compared to last year.
Based on BI data, the number of such transactions had reached 1,652 banknotes as of October this year, an increase of around 3 percent compared to the same period last year.
The payment system head at BI’s Medan bra...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning