Counterfeit money transactions in Medan on the rise
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) has reported that transactions involving counterfeit money at a number of banks in Medan, North Sumatra, have risen this year compared to last year.
Based on BI data, the number of such transactions had reached 1,652 banknotes as of October this year, an increase of around 3 percent compared to the same period last year.
The payment system head at BI’s Medan bra...
- Telkom to launch US$199.7m satellite in February
- Reports: Mark Zuckerberg to visit Indonesia to discuss fake news
- Jokowi installs new Air Force chief of staff
- Indonesia widens arms for refugees
- Nope, Lindsay Lohan didn’t convert to Islam
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- FPI leader Rizieq Shihab to testify in Ahok’s hearing
- Indonesia to secure ownership of 111 islets
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban