Counterfeit money transactions in Medan on the rise
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) has reported that transactions involving counterfeit money at a number of banks in Medan, North Sumatra, have risen this year compared to last year.
Based on BI data, the number of such transactions had reached 1,652 banknotes as of October this year, an increase of around 3 percent compared to the same period last year.
The payment system head at BI’s Medan bra...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden