Activists call for protection for orangutans
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Members of the Center for Orangutan Protection protested in front of the Presidential Palace in Jakarta on Tuesday, demanding that the President support the legal protection of orangutans following widespread news of their torture and killings in East Kalimantan.
“Orangutans have never been given serious attention. The proof is in front of our eyes. In Kalimantan, a lot of orangu...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Authorities finalize legal revisions to relax margin trading
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet