Activists call for protection for orangutans
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Members of the Center for Orangutan Protection protested in front of the Presidential Palace in Jakarta on Tuesday, demanding that the President support the legal protection of orangutans following widespread news of their torture and killings in East Kalimantan.
“Orangutans have never been given serious attention. The proof is in front of our eyes. In Kalimantan, a lot of orangu...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Quality of West Kalimantan airport questioned following ceiling collapse