Activists call for protection for orangutans
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Members of the Center for Orangutan Protection protested in front of the Presidential Palace in Jakarta on Tuesday, demanding that the President support the legal protection of orangutans following widespread news of their torture and killings in East Kalimantan.
“Orangutans have never been given serious attention. The proof is in front of our eyes. In Kalimantan, a lot of orangu...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Police remain vigilant in areas with tight election margins
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani