Cinderella industry: Palm oil’s misfortunes
A “stepchild”, according to the dictionary, is “one who fails to receive proper care or attention”. Cinderella is a famous folktale of a stepchild who was unrecognized, oppressed and had to work hard above her means to satisfy her family. So how do we compare “Cinderella” with the palm oil industry?
Let’s look at how the palm oil industry typically operates. It works mostly i...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote