Cinderella industry: Palm oil’s misfortunes
A “stepchild”, according to the dictionary, is “one who fails to receive proper care or attention”. Cinderella is a famous folktale of a stepchild who was unrecognized, oppressed and had to work hard above her means to satisfy her family. So how do we compare “Cinderella” with the palm oil industry?
Let’s look at how the palm oil industry typically operates. It works mostly i...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Central government certifies islets C and D