Mt. Slamet popular for celebrations
Agus Maryono and Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Some 1,000 climbers are expected to celebrate New Year’s Eve on the peak of Mount Slamet in Purbalingga, Central Java.
According to the organizers, more than 700 people had registered as of Friday to climb the biggest volcano in the province. More were expected to register on Saturday, when they will begin the challenging trip.
The number of people to celebrate New Year’s Eve is...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- In one tweet, Kylie Jenner wiped out $1.3 billion of Snap’s market value