Mt. Slamet popular for celebrations
Agus Maryono and Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
Some 1,000 climbers are expected to celebrate New Year’s Eve on the peak of Mount Slamet in Purbalingga, Central Java.
According to the organizers, more than 700 people had registered as of Friday to climb the biggest volcano in the province. More were expected to register on Saturday, when they will begin the challenging trip.
The number of people to celebrate New Year’s Eve is...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Japan selected as partner for Jakarta-Surabaya railway project
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase