Jokowi’s political rhetoric
.Joseph Ernest Mambu
The current Surakarta/Solo mayor, Joko Widodo (aka Jokowi), has made me miss Solo, my hometown. Tired of dubious political rhetoric that only makes one cynical (e.g., the rate of poverty decreased in Indonesia in 2011 — really? Is the wealth evenly distributed?), I prefer political rhetoric that actually translates into real action.
Rhetoric, especially in politics, is usually associated...
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Holidaying Malaysian students rapped for bad behavior in Japan
- Palembang to highlight Sriwijaya kingdom, Asian Games in upcoming festival
- Central government certifies islets C and D
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore