Jokowi’s political rhetoric
.Joseph Ernest Mambu
The current Surakarta/Solo mayor, Joko Widodo (aka Jokowi), has made me miss Solo, my hometown. Tired of dubious political rhetoric that only makes one cynical (e.g., the rate of poverty decreased in Indonesia in 2011 — really? Is the wealth evenly distributed?), I prefer political rhetoric that actually translates into real action.
Rhetoric, especially in politics, is usually associated...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined
- Displaced for different beliefs