Jokowi’s political rhetoric
.Joseph Ernest Mambu
The current Surakarta/Solo mayor, Joko Widodo (aka Jokowi), has made me miss Solo, my hometown. Tired of dubious political rhetoric that only makes one cynical (e.g., the rate of poverty decreased in Indonesia in 2011 — really? Is the wealth evenly distributed?), I prefer political rhetoric that actually translates into real action.
Rhetoric, especially in politics, is usually associated...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief