Jokowi’s political rhetoric
.Joseph Ernest Mambu
The current Surakarta/Solo mayor, Joko Widodo (aka Jokowi), has made me miss Solo, my hometown. Tired of dubious political rhetoric that only makes one cynical (e.g., the rate of poverty decreased in Indonesia in 2011 — really? Is the wealth evenly distributed?), I prefer political rhetoric that actually translates into real action.
Rhetoric, especially in politics, is usually associated...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares