Editorial: Justice vs interest
The Jakarta Post
A series of court trials and legal prosecution of petty criminal cases involving underage children and mentally retarded people have been making headlines in national media lately.
The cases include the conviction of 15-year-old A.A.L. last week for stealing a police officer’s flip-flops by the Palu District Court in Central Sulawesi province, the recent detention of mentally disabled 22-...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats