Orangutans in zoos in need of better treatment
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post/Arief SuhardimanOrangutans kept in zoos across Indonesia are in dire need of better treatment, with many showing symptoms of mental illness and distress, an activist of the Center for Orangutan Protection (COP) has said.
The coordinator of the center’s conservation division, Daniek Hendarto, said that most of the zoos in the country generally used cages to showcase orangu...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Woman in Banyumas killed by king cobra