Why ‘Indon’ is not preferable
It all started when I overheard some of my neighboring countrymen refer to an Indonesian as an “Indon”. I never expected that I would hear such word in this campus. To my understanding, there would not be any educated person using the word.
Surprisingly, some Indonesians refer to themselves as an “Indon” on their Facebook statuses. These statuses undoubtedly cause a great number of ...
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless