Why ‘Indon’ is not preferable
It all started when I overheard some of my neighboring countrymen refer to an Indonesian as an “Indon”. I never expected that I would hear such word in this campus. To my understanding, there would not be any educated person using the word.
Surprisingly, some Indonesians refer to themselves as an “Indon” on their Facebook statuses. These statuses undoubtedly cause a great number of ...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's