Why ‘Indon’ is not preferable
It all started when I overheard some of my neighboring countrymen refer to an Indonesian as an “Indon”. I never expected that I would hear such word in this campus. To my understanding, there would not be any educated person using the word.
Surprisingly, some Indonesians refer to themselves as an “Indon” on their Facebook statuses. These statuses undoubtedly cause a great number of ...
- Hijab: A personal choice
- NU cleric blames Ahok for unnecessary polemic by quoting Quran
- Freeport seeks settlement
- Following Trump's claims, alt-right editor to fund reporter to Sweden
- North Korean university seeks English teacher
- Twice tops charts with ‘Knock Knock’
- Indonesia’s GDP to reach $9.1 trillion by 2045: Jokowi
- Religious expert says Ahok's remarks blasphemous
- Jokowi criticizes Trade Ministry for lack of innovation
- Business permits no longer need renewing as of today