Kerkhoff Poucut Cemetery, testifying to the Aceh War
The Jakarta Post
A semicircular gate welcomes everybody visiting Kerkhoff Poucut Cemetery, with a short corridor leading one’s view to old gravestones bearing Dutch names. The white marble walls of the gate are also adorned with the names of Dutch soldiers buried in the graveyard.
Kerkhoff Poucut is a Dutch military burial ground located in the hub of Banda Aceh, the capital of Aceh. The cemetery name is...
- Ten diaspora restaurants set to promote Indonesian tourism
- Apple tries to win back students and teachers with low-cost iPad
- Indonesia, Singapore lead deep-sea expedition to West Java
- Ryanair to launch flights to Ukraine from October
- Bali-based band Navicula bassist in hospital, girlfriend dies after car accident
- 13 Indonesian airports join Earth Hour campaign
- Two dead as suspected IS gunman takes hostages in France
- Human-like calf stuns Gorontalo residents
- Syahrini responds to backlash over Holocaust Memorial video
- Jl. Raya Ragunan closed through Sunday for festival