Guess what?: ‘Fourth’ Chrisye concert coming up
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Composer Erwin Gutawa and director Jay Subiyakto, along with promoter Live Action, is preparing a concert dedicated to singer and composer Chrisye, who passed away in 2007.
The concert, which is to be called “Kidung Abadi Chrisye” or “Chrisye’s Eternal Ballad”, is slated for April 5 in Jakarta.
Erwin said the concert was not designed as a tribute. “This has to be Chrisye’s fourth concert,” he said, as quoted by kompas.com. Holographic techniques will make it appear as if the singer herself is actually onstage.
A book titled Chrisye, di Mata Media, Sahabat & Fans (Chrisye in the Eyes of the Media, Friends and Fans) will also preserve the memory of the composer who rose to fame in the 1970s.
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects
- C.Java protesters demand Ahok’s immediate incarceration
- Government urged to control flood of textile imports from China