Joko Sri Yono: Preserving ‘wayang beber’
Ganug Nugroho Adi
JP/Ganug Nugroho AdiAs a primary school student in 1962, Joko Sri Yono learned the art of painting illustrated scrolls for storytelling called wayang beber from a classical painter of the Surakarta sultanate, Raden Ngabei Atmosoepomo.
Unsurprisingly, Joko is now well versed in the art and legends of the princes (panji) of East Java’s kingdoms, notably the romance between Dewi Sekartaji an...
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- South Korean national involved in fatal crash in South Jakarta
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- Golkar youth faction report Setya to Judicial Commission