West Java to build new sporting venue
The Jakarta Post
BOGOR: In a bid to accommodate the growing needs of a venue to host public events, the West Java administration has decided to build a new stadium in Cibinong, Bogor.
“We need a larger stadium to complement the existing Jalak Harupat stadium in Bandung, whose capacity is no longer sufficient due to the increasing population,” Governor Ahmad Heryawan said on the sidelines of the groundbreaking ceremony at Bogor Stadium on Thursday.
He said that as of March, the population of West Java had reached 44.2 million. He said that the residents, especially young people, needed a stadium to hold big events such as cultural festivals, music concerts and sporting events.
“We have already planned to build other stadiums in Bekasi and Cirebon. Bogor is the first to execute the plan. The new Bogor stadium can also function as the venue for agricultural product exhibitions and as a business center,” Ahmad said.
The new stadium, expected to hold 30,000 people, sits on a 60-hectare plot of land accessible from the toll road.
- Jokowi treason arrests questioned
- KPK signs agreement with police, AGO to ease monitoring of graft cases
- Ahok blasphemy trial to start Thursday
- Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa tussle over MAMA performance
- Papua to see air navigation system upgrades to prevent more crashes
- Pilot of crashed plane promised to go home to East Nusa Tenggara for Christmas
- N. Jakarta district court chief to lead Ahok's blasphemy trial
- Presidential aircraft a test of patience for nation’s VVIPs
- Indonesia investment board upbeat about 2017, tourism potential
- Car Free Day initiator wants ‘Kita Indonesia’ organizer to apologize