Saving Sumatra’s forests : World heritage in danger
Fitrian Ardiansyah and Thomas Barano
In light of the 42nd anniversary of Earth Day, celebrated this year on April 22, the government and citizens of Indonesia are again reminded of the huge challenges they face in halting or reversing the declining state of their natural forests, including those on Sumatra.
Sumatra is a rare island in that it harbors four endangered and unique mammals, namely the Sumatran orangutan, the Sumatr...
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- PBB, PKPI ineligible for 2019 elections: KPU