Saving Sumatra’s forests : World heritage in danger
Fitrian Ardiansyah and Thomas Barano
In light of the 42nd anniversary of Earth Day, celebrated this year on April 22, the government and citizens of Indonesia are again reminded of the huge challenges they face in halting or reversing the declining state of their natural forests, including those on Sumatra.
Sumatra is a rare island in that it harbors four endangered and unique mammals, namely the Sumatran orangutan, the Sumatr...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces