Urbanization and urban development patterns
The 2010 census shows that Indonesia’s total population increased from 203.5 million to 237.6 million in the last 10 years, and the urban population grew from 85.2 million to 118.3 million during the same period.
Likewise, the proportion of the urban population, that is, level of urbanization, increased significantly from 41.9 percent to 49.7 percent over the period.
In other wor...
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- May Day march to concentrate on Monas area