Urbanization and urban development patterns
The 2010 census shows that Indonesia’s total population increased from 203.5 million to 237.6 million in the last 10 years, and the urban population grew from 85.2 million to 118.3 million during the same period.
Likewise, the proportion of the urban population, that is, level of urbanization, increased significantly from 41.9 percent to 49.7 percent over the period.
In other wor...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime