Ki Saroyo: Gamelan-making maestro
Ganug Nugroho Adi
Ganug Nugroho AdiThe man is a famous empu or master craftsman of gamelan, specializing in gong making. But rather than becoming an overnight maestro, he achieved his expertise after almost 40 years of practice forging gamelan instruments.
Ki Saroyo, the empu, began his career as a worker apprenticed to several gamelan workshops known as besalen in Surakarta and Sukoharjo, Central Java. He s...
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Jakarta's Pacific Place opens doors to ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ universe
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone