W. Kalimantan proposes national heroes
The Jakarta Post
Oevaang Oeray. Courtesy of West KalimantanJ.C. Oevaang Oeray, the first Dayak governor of West Kalimantan, and Djerandeng Abdurrachman, an outspoken political activist and long-time area resident, will be nominated as national heroes.
Oevang served from 1960 to 1966 as the third governor of the province bordering with Serawak, Malaysia. He was appointed governor on Nov. 14, 1959 in a provin...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Central government certifies islets C and D