Hotels decide to renovate to keep up with changing times and tastes
Frederica Ermita Indriani
The Jakarta Post
The hotel industry, like fashion, must change with the times. For it’s inevitable that the accepted standard décor of the 1970s and 1980s, or even the 1990s, will appear old-fashioned to today’s traveler.
And it’s also true for established icons who realize that it’s high time to freshen up their look. Take the Ritz Hotel in Paris, the longtime lap-of-luxury interim home to potent...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- Anies refuses to talk about programs until official election result
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll