Govt to go ahead with export restriction despite protests
The Jakarta Post
The government will go ahead with its plan to tax unprocessed mineral exports despite strong protests from businesspeople both at home and overseas, Deputy Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Rudi Rubiandini said.
Rudi said the export tax was needed in order to prevent overexploitation of mineral ores ahead of the implementation of the regulation, which prohibits exports of unprocessed me...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods
- Nobel prize winner's book turned down by 19 publishers