‘Sahur’ on the road, a Jakarta tradition
The Jakarta Post
Good deed for the day: A resident provides a pre-dawn meal to a scavenger on Jl. Otto Iskandardinata Raya in East Jakarta early on Saturday.(Courtesy of Kresna Rizky Destyawan)While most people were nicely tucked up in their blankets, a convoy of around 50 people was roaming the streets of Jakarta early on Saturday, distributing 300 boxes of nasi padang or Padang food to homeless people.
- Not thieves, but wife, cleared funds out of customer account, says BRI
- Philippines tells UN it will quit ICC
- Indonesia wants Australia as full ASEAN member
- Will internet access in Bali be turned off at Nyepi?
- Lion Air, BRI promise affordable tickets to ‘New Balis’
- Katy Perry to bring 50 tons of cargo to Jakarta
- Stan Lee cancels appearance at ComicCon Asia 2018
- GBK stadium to go dark for Earth Hour
- Japan's isolated older 'hikikomori' shun society for years
- Cathay Pacific to fly nonstop from Hong Kong to Cape Town