Slash-and-burn practices lead to forest fires in S. Sumatra
The Jakarta Post
Officials from the South Sumatra provincial administration have been puzzled by the insis-tence among local farmers in continuing their slash-and-burn practices to convert forests for the development of rubber and oil palm plantations.
Such practices constituted the number one cause of forest fires in South Sumatra, said Indra Purna, head of information and observation at Palembang’s Clim...
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Four university staff, students suspected as HTI supporters