Sumba on show in Bali
By hand: Francesca Kay (right) with one of her hand dyed, hand loomed ikats. These take five months to create, yet sell for less than US$150, earning Francesca just a dollar a day.Floating in the Savu Sea at the feet of Sumbawa and Flores is the remote island of Sumba.
Its distance from Indonesia’s major population and tourism centers of Java and Bali has protected Sumba’s ancient cultu...
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- One-fuel price policy to be implemented in more regions