Sumba on show in Bali
By hand: Francesca Kay (right) with one of her hand dyed, hand loomed ikats. These take five months to create, yet sell for less than US$150, earning Francesca just a dollar a day.Floating in the Savu Sea at the feet of Sumbawa and Flores is the remote island of Sumba.
Its distance from Indonesia’s major population and tourism centers of Java and Bali has protected Sumba’s ancient cultu...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote