Sumba on show in Bali
By hand: Francesca Kay (right) with one of her hand dyed, hand loomed ikats. These take five months to create, yet sell for less than US$150, earning Francesca just a dollar a day.Floating in the Savu Sea at the feet of Sumbawa and Flores is the remote island of Sumba.
Its distance from Indonesia’s major population and tourism centers of Java and Bali has protected Sumba’s ancient cultu...
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- 19 district heads in Papua sentenced to six months’ probation
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Seoul unveils city’s first highway-turned-park
- EDITORIAL: When Jokowi goes vlogging