Sumba on show in Bali
By hand: Francesca Kay (right) with one of her hand dyed, hand loomed ikats. These take five months to create, yet sell for less than US$150, earning Francesca just a dollar a day.Floating in the Savu Sea at the feet of Sumbawa and Flores is the remote island of Sumba.
Its distance from Indonesia’s major population and tourism centers of Java and Bali has protected Sumba’s ancient cultu...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning