Sumba on show in Bali
By hand: Francesca Kay (right) with one of her hand dyed, hand loomed ikats. These take five months to create, yet sell for less than US$150, earning Francesca just a dollar a day.Floating in the Savu Sea at the feet of Sumbawa and Flores is the remote island of Sumba.
Its distance from Indonesia’s major population and tourism centers of Java and Bali has protected Sumba’s ancient cultu...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta