Sumba on show in Bali
By hand: Francesca Kay (right) with one of her hand dyed, hand loomed ikats. These take five months to create, yet sell for less than US$150, earning Francesca just a dollar a day.Floating in the Savu Sea at the feet of Sumbawa and Flores is the remote island of Sumba.
Its distance from Indonesia’s major population and tourism centers of Java and Bali has protected Sumba’s ancient cultu...
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- Jakarta urged to manage traffic ahead of Asian Games
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems
- Malaysian plane scare as flight diverted to Alice Springs