Sumba on show in Bali
By hand: Francesca Kay (right) with one of her hand dyed, hand loomed ikats. These take five months to create, yet sell for less than US$150, earning Francesca just a dollar a day.Floating in the Savu Sea at the feet of Sumbawa and Flores is the remote island of Sumba.
Its distance from Indonesia’s major population and tourism centers of Java and Bali has protected Sumba’s ancient cultu...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Court to hand down verdict in Setya’s e-ID graft case
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Bali's youths in search of 1965 history
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- In search of Indonesia's best-quality coffee
- Where's mum? Three bear cubs rescued in Bulgaria
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event