Indonesia and Japan work together on sea turtle conservation
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
Without solid conservation efforts, sea turtles will come to extinction very soon due to the rampant illegal wildlife trade and natural predators.
In Indonesia, two sea turtle species, the Hawksbill turtle (Eretmochelys imbricata) and Leatherback turtle (Dermochelys coriacea), are critically endangered due to extensive hunting.
The population of Hawksbill turtle in the country has de...
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival