From out of the jungle
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Deserted: Two rusting amphibious tanks from World War II sit amid coconut plantations near Daruba, Morotai’s capital. This tank had bullet holes on one side from a long ago battle.After General Douglas MacArthur determined to make Morotai a base to attack the Japanese in the Pacific during World War II, approximately 50,000 Allied troops made the swelteringly beautiful island their home. Japanes...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror