Govt denies 1965 rights abuses happened
The Jakarta Post
The government has rejected the findings of the National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) declaring the 1965 communist purge a gross human rights violation and has refused to apologize for the victims of the atrocity.
Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Djoko Suyanto rejected the Komnas HAM conclusion and insisted that the mass killings, which were state-spons...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Construction of new Semanggi overpass to take only a month
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism