Toward national food security á la the Saman dance
Tejo Wahyu Jatmiko
Today (Oct. 16), the world celebrates World Food Day for the 36th time since its inception in 1979, on the back of reports that 870 million people go to bed with empty stomachs — according to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) — and 30 million Indonesians remain undernourished.
Some experts say that Indonesia has jumped into the food trap due to the flooding in of imported foo...
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Macron in Russia for high
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Costly holiday