Toward national food security á la the Saman dance
Tejo Wahyu Jatmiko
Today (Oct. 16), the world celebrates World Food Day for the 36th time since its inception in 1979, on the back of reports that 870 million people go to bed with empty stomachs — according to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) — and 30 million Indonesians remain undernourished.
Some experts say that Indonesia has jumped into the food trap due to the flooding in of imported foo...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Ancol to go cashless
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Google executive downplays AI’s possible threat to mankind
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- How to avoid paying exorbitant import taxes on goods bought abroad