National scene: Government to ban outsourcing
The Jakarta Post
Denpasar: Manpower and Transmigration Minister Muhaimin Iskandar says that the government will issue a new regulation abolishing labor outsourcing by the end of October.
“The regulation will be issued as soon as possible ... No later than the end of October,” Muhaimin said here on Tuesday.
The announcement came after huge labor strikes halted production at several industrial park...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'