Issues of the day: SBY receives knighthood in UK
The Jakarta Post
Oct. 30, p. 2
During his three-day visit to the United Kingdom, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is to be given a prestigious honor by Queen Elizabeth II, in spite of a plan by activists for Papua to make a “citizens arrest” against him.
The title given by the Queen may make activists think twice about arresting Yudhoyono. The Queen is expected to bestow the Honorary Knights Gr...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses