SMEs to be exempt from minimum wage obligation
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
The government plans to be lenient with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by not insisting outright that they pay their workers the new minimum wage.
“SME businesses can propose a postponement if they feel the new minimum wage is too much of a burden,” Manpower and Transmigration Minister Muhaimin Iskandar told reporters after a coordination meeting on labor at the Office of the Coor...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani