US cultural diplomacy put back on the map
Curtis S. Chin, Christopher Merrill, F. William Smullen III and Charles H. Webb, Jr.
Indonesia was not on US President Barack Obama’s Southeast Asian itinerary as he made his first trip abroad since winning reelection. But like many visitors to Southeast Asia, he might have enjoyed a brief respite from worries back home when he was in our region.
High US unemployment, tough negotiations with the US Congress over budget deficits, and ongoing hearings into the killing of th...
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage
- Right of inquiry aims to keep KPK on track: Hanura