Preserving Gorontalo’s poetry singing tradition
Risno Ahaya. (JP/Syam Terrajana)He deftly strummed the strings of a gambus (lute) producing high-pitched tones, inviting warm applause from the audience. Then his typically sweet voice began pervading the room, singing verses with a Malay rhythm and in the language of Gorontalo.
Despite the pouring rain outside, the performer with shoulder-length hair was cheered on by hundreds of school a...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Indorama invests US$25 million in rubber glove industry
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road