Preserving Gorontalo’s poetry singing tradition
Risno Ahaya. (JP/Syam Terrajana)He deftly strummed the strings of a gambus (lute) producing high-pitched tones, inviting warm applause from the audience. Then his typically sweet voice began pervading the room, singing verses with a Malay rhythm and in the language of Gorontalo.
Despite the pouring rain outside, the performer with shoulder-length hair was cheered on by hundreds of school a...
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Demian's 'buried alive Judge Cuts act' YouTube Trending
- Collusion reappears between Jakarta Council, administration after Ahok’s departure: Expert
- Mahathir defends his treatment of Anwar in 1998
- ASEAN a success story of integration
- Election law should not exist: Expert
- Railway director general removed from office
- Philippine bank executive arrested for fraud
- White House spokesman, Trump legal aide quit as Russia probe deepens
- ‘Game of Thrones’ language course offered online, and for free