Preserving Gorontalo’s poetry singing tradition
Risno Ahaya. (JP/Syam Terrajana)He deftly strummed the strings of a gambus (lute) producing high-pitched tones, inviting warm applause from the audience. Then his typically sweet voice began pervading the room, singing verses with a Malay rhythm and in the language of Gorontalo.
Despite the pouring rain outside, the performer with shoulder-length hair was cheered on by hundreds of school a...
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- FBI investigating new person of interest in Vegas shooting
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey