Burst dike floods dozens of homes
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
Nothing left to do: Ratna (left), a resident in Ulujami Raya, Pesanggrahan, Jakarta, observes water on Saturday that has submerged the area for three days. (JP/Wendra Ajistyatama)Dozens of families were evacuated on Sunday after floodwaters burst a river embankment in the low-lying Kampung Makasar residential area, East Jakarta.
Jakarta Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) chief Arfan Arkili s...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE