Burst dike floods dozens of homes
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
Nothing left to do: Ratna (left), a resident in Ulujami Raya, Pesanggrahan, Jakarta, observes water on Saturday that has submerged the area for three days. (JP/Wendra Ajistyatama)Dozens of families were evacuated on Sunday after floodwaters burst a river embankment in the low-lying Kampung Makasar residential area, East Jakarta.
Jakarta Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) chief Arfan Arkili s...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi