Aceh on the mend
The Jakarta Post
Trained: Baby elephant Rosa wrestles with a mahout at the local Community Response Unit (CRU) of Sampoiniet district in Aceh Jaya. (JP/Iman Mahditama)Witnessing all the commotion on the streets of Banda Aceh one November night in 2012 is surely a life-affirming experience when you take into account that, just eight years ago, a deadly tsunami ravaged the city and claimed more than 100,000 lives.
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia