Aceh on the mend
The Jakarta Post
Trained: Baby elephant Rosa wrestles with a mahout at the local Community Response Unit (CRU) of Sampoiniet district in Aceh Jaya. (JP/Iman Mahditama)Witnessing all the commotion on the streets of Banda Aceh one November night in 2012 is surely a life-affirming experience when you take into account that, just eight years ago, a deadly tsunami ravaged the city and claimed more than 100,000 lives.
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival
- Construction of new Semanggi overpass to take only a month