Orang Rimba’s existence at stake
The Jakarta Post
The past decade has been a difficult time for the Orang Rimba tribespeople, who live within the Bukit Duabelas National Park (TNBD) in Jambi, due to the rapid pace of forest encroachment, despite the fact that the forest is home to the Orang Rimba.
Based on data at the TNBD Center, of the park’s total area of 60,500 hectares, only 30 percent remains intact, while the other 70 percent has ...
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade