Orang Rimba’s existence at stake
The Jakarta Post
The past decade has been a difficult time for the Orang Rimba tribespeople, who live within the Bukit Duabelas National Park (TNBD) in Jambi, due to the rapid pace of forest encroachment, despite the fact that the forest is home to the Orang Rimba.
Based on data at the TNBD Center, of the park’s total area of 60,500 hectares, only 30 percent remains intact, while the other 70 percent has ...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Central government certifies islets C and D