No more cheap labor in RI: SBY
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yu-dhoyono has taken a firm stand amid demands from labor unionists to end the international perception that Indonesia is a haven for investors wanting to tap pools of cheap workers.
On the heels of recent rallies by unionists that often ended in violence, Yudhoyono said on Thursday that the government’s stance over labor welfare was in line with the workers’ d...
- Government deregulates several policies for foreign cruise ships
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister