Your letters: RI is responsible for the refugees
The Jakarta Post
I refer to the story in an Australian daily recently, regarding the refugee status and promises made by the Australian prime minister. The story states that refugees, who are based in Puncak, some 80 kilometers from Jakarta, are accepted by Indonesia and therefore Indonesia is responsible for them.
I agree that as Indonesia has accepted them, the country cannot simply ship them off to Aust...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study