Your letters: RI is responsible for the refugees
The Jakarta Post
I refer to the story in an Australian daily recently, regarding the refugee status and promises made by the Australian prime minister. The story states that refugees, who are based in Puncak, some 80 kilometers from Jakarta, are accepted by Indonesia and therefore Indonesia is responsible for them.
I agree that as Indonesia has accepted them, the country cannot simply ship them off to Aust...
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy