Your letters: RI is responsible for the refugees
The Jakarta Post
I refer to the story in an Australian daily recently, regarding the refugee status and promises made by the Australian prime minister. The story states that refugees, who are based in Puncak, some 80 kilometers from Jakarta, are accepted by Indonesia and therefore Indonesia is responsible for them.
I agree that as Indonesia has accepted them, the country cannot simply ship them off to Aust...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber