Workers greet new wages
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
Ongoing pressure to increase the minimum wage will be a disadvantage to everybody in the long run, employers say — while workers have greeted the new decisions on the new minimum wages, to be effective in the New Year.
The Jakarta Post’s Ridwan Max Sijabat looks at the controversy in the following reports.
Workers in industrial estates in Riau Islands, West Java and Jakarta hailed ...
- Chinese star Andy Lau fractures spine from horse riding accident
- Indonesian cable TV, property tycoon in DC to attend Trump's inauguration
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Small farmers not to blame for peat fires: Walhi
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Apple to raise UK app prices to counter weak pound
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- First-borns tend to be less healthy, study suggests