Editorial: Judging the judges
The Jakarta Post
The dishonorable dismissal of Supreme Court justice Ahmad Yamani on Tuesday for commuting the jail sentence of a drug dealer deserves plaudits, but it will neither repair the damage done nor restore public faith in the judiciary power if no measures to ensure transparency and accountability within the highest judicial institution follow.
The punishment handed down on Yamani, not to mention ...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote