Editorial: Judging the judges
The Jakarta Post
The dishonorable dismissal of Supreme Court justice Ahmad Yamani on Tuesday for commuting the jail sentence of a drug dealer deserves plaudits, but it will neither repair the damage done nor restore public faith in the judiciary power if no measures to ensure transparency and accountability within the highest judicial institution follow.
The punishment handed down on Yamani, not to mention ...
- JICA calls for stronger unity in ASEAN to exert bigger power
- Ahmadiyah mosque in Depok vandalized ahead of Idul Fitri
- Passengers found using fake tickets for Idul Fitri ‘mudik’
- Bali welcomes Barack Obama and family
- Bank Agris denies BCA acquisition rumor
- Jokowi, Duterte talk on the phone about terrorism, security
- Johnny Depp apologizes for Trump assassination joke
- Most important musicals of the latest Broadway season
- Transjakarta buses to start running later during Idul Fitri
- Jokowi to stay in Jakarta for Idul Fitri