Editorial: Judging the judges
The Jakarta Post
The dishonorable dismissal of Supreme Court justice Ahmad Yamani on Tuesday for commuting the jail sentence of a drug dealer deserves plaudits, but it will neither repair the damage done nor restore public faith in the judiciary power if no measures to ensure transparency and accountability within the highest judicial institution follow.
The punishment handed down on Yamani, not to mention ...
- Konami shares drop after ending soccer partnership with UEFA
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Police arrest suspected gold illegal miner in Jambi
- Bali cattle national asset that needs to be preserved
- The best (and worst) wines of the 2017 vintage from Bordeaux
- Nigerian-Indonesian couple arrested for alleged Facebook fraud
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- Spring breeze hits the runway
- Iran, Iraq, Syria, Russia hold 'anti-terrorism' meet
- US ban on sales to ZTE triggers patriotic rhetoric in China